• Parking
  • Adkins Arboretum
NewsletterSignup
*


Tuckahoe Neck Meeting House


Tuckahoe Neck Meeting House

“Quakers as Underground Railroad Agents”
(Privately owned)
Built in 1803, this was one of five Quaker meetinghouses in Caroline County, whose members sustained a local Underground Railroad network. Quakers also supported women’s equality and the end of slavery. Local Quaker Hannah Leverton and other famous abolitionists spoke here.

GPS Coordinates: 38.891444,-75.842966


Previous Location Back to Map Next Location


Quakers were among the most important members of an increasingly organized network to freedom for...

Quakers were at the forefront of the fledgling Women’s Rights Movement in the mid-19th century. Quaker...