Tubman Banquet is March 14
The Harriet Tubman Banquet celebrates the life of a freedom fighter, scout, spy, nurse and abolitionist born in Dorchester County, Maryland. The banquet begins at 2:45pm on Saturday, March 14, 2015, at the Dorchester Center for the Arts, 321 High Street in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme is “Harriet Ross Tubman Read more >
Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill?
Could Harriet Tubman end up on the $20 bill? It's possible! A grassroots movement, Women on 20s, is pushing to replace Andrew Jackson with a historic U.S. woman. And the woman they selected -- with help from more than 600,000 people who voted -- is Harriet Tubman! (They started with Read more >
Tubman UGRR Conference Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Conference, happening in Cambridge, Maryland, on June 5 and 6, 2015. The annual event features two days of workshops about Harriet Tubman and other freedom seekers on the Underground Railroad -- as well as opportunities for local tours through the Read more >
Recent media coverage about the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway:
- Washington Post, “Harriet Tubman fled a life of slavery in Maryland. Now a new visitor center opens on the land she escaped,” March 4, 2017. Read the story.
- Baltimore Sun, “New Harriet Tubman Park presents the Dorchester County she grew up in, fled from,” March 3, 2017. Read the story.
- WYPR, “Harriet Tubman’s Legacy” featuring Chris Elcock and Tony Menare, March 3, 2017. Listen to the story.
- U.S. News & World Report, “11 attractions debuting in 2017 worth traveling for,” March 2, 2017. Read the story.
- CBS Baltimore, “160 years later, Harriet Tubman continues to be honored,” Feb. 28, 2017. Read the story.
- New York Times, “Harriet Tubman’s Path to Freedom,” Feb. 24, 2017. Read the full story or see the interactive version.
- WMDT, “The Life and Legacy of Harriet Tubman: Part 2,” Feb. 24, 2017. See the story.
- WMDT, “The Life and Legacy of Harriet Tubman: Part 1,” Feb. 24, 2017. See the story.
Harriet Tubman: Defender
March 4 play celebrates the life of Harriet Tubman
Celebrate the life and heroism of a true American patriot in the original one-person play, “Harriet Tubman: Defender” at 7pm on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Through narrative, song, and visual projections, experience both the pain and elation of being free from the binds of slavery. The play stars Eunice Lewis-Seagraves and is a production of the Heralds of Hope Theater. Tickets cost $10 each. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Harriet Tubman Museum and Educational Center. Purchase tickets in advance at EventBrite.com or by calling 410-228-3131. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door if available. At the Dorchester Center for the Arts, 321 High St., Cambridge, MD 21613.
Harriet Tubman Banquet
This annual dinner celebrates the life of Harriet Tubman at 2:45pm on Saturday, March 11. Sponsored by the Harriet Tubman Organization. This year’s theme is “Harriet Ross Tubman is Home, We Thank You – Part III.” Cost is $40 per person. At Minnette Dick Hall (St. Mary’s Church), 2002 Hambrooks Blvd, Cambridge, MD 21613. For information or tickets, call 410-228-0401 or email email@example.com.