Since opening in March 2017, the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center has welcomed nearly 100,000 visitors from all 50 states and over 60 countries. Save the date and plan to join in the celebration during their one-year anniversary weekend on March 10-11, 2018.
Dates: March 10-11, 2018, 9am to 5pm
Location: Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad State Park and Visitor Center, Church Creek, MD
The weekend will feature family-friendly activities including:
- Performance by Millicent Sparks, a Harriet Tubman re-enactor
- An immersive Underground Railroad experience led by Tony Cohen of the Menare Foundation
- Lectures by Dr. Kate Clifford Larson, the park’s historical consultant and author of an acclaimed Tubman biography
- Junior Ranger programs led by park rangers
- A viewing of the short film Carry Me Home, about Harriet Tubman’s final journey on the Underground Railroad
- A presentation by Chris Elcock, senior associate at GWWO, Inc., Architects, the team behind the design of the Visitor Center
Event details will be available in mid-January.
ADDRESS: 4068 Golden Hill Rd., Church Creek, Md 21622